Try this simple, quick and delicious recipe for a quick side dish to serve with either fish or lean poultry or go full vegetarian but having this yummy dish with a large green salad or stuffed into a wrap. By adding the beans in and substituting the quinoa for tabouleh’s usual couscous, you gain extra valuable protein, B vitamins and fiber!
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (this is a whole grain, and is the highest protein source of all grains. Either buy it in a box from Casbah at all major grocers or Costco or Nature’s Emporium and the Bulk Barn)
- 1 can, well rinsed, organic chickpeas or black beans
- 1 medium cucumber finely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 1 /2 cups chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 -1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 cup flax oil with 1/8 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
What a perfect addition to a summertime meal. Keep it simple this Saturday and enjoy!