Here is a throw back to last Christmas, where we shared some DIY home and body care products, for all of you last minute shoppers looking for fresh gift ideas. And guess what? You don’t even have to go to the mall! (thank GAWD lol). A lot of conventional body care products on the market contain harmful endocrine disrupting chemicals that can affect our health. Choosing the right products for your skin, which is your largest organ, can make a positive impact on your overall health.
Vanilla Candy Cane Body Scrub
- 2 cups of coconut oil
- 3/4 cup of crushed candy cane
- 1 3/4 cups of organic sugar
- a splash of Vitamin E oil
- 10-20 drops of peppermint oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Start with your coconut oil and mix everything together in a large bowl.
- Scoop into small jars and seal.
Peppermint Bath Salts
- 3 cups of epsom salt
- 1 cup of sea salt + Himalayan salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of aluminum free baking soda (less for sensitive skin)
- 20-30 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 1 oz of spirulina
- 2-3 oz of dried peppermint leaves
- Pour your epsom salt, sea salt and baking soda into one bowl and mix well.
- Add peppermint essential oil (if you want it to be extra pepperminty, add extra drops). Mix well.
- Split your salt mixture into two bowls.
- In the first bowl, add your shot of spirulina.
- In your second bowl, add your dried peppermint.
- Spoon out your salt mixture into a plastic bag or a glass jar.