Pants feeling a little tight? Skin feeling dull or breaking out? Energy low? Cravings out of control? To cleanse or not to cleanse? I think I need a detox…
WOW!!! Do I ever get asked A LOT about this subject! I have never have a one-person-fits-all, cookie cutter answer though. Everything I do in my array of holistic services truly comes down to the individual, their past, their present and their future goals. So while I can’t give you all THE plan to follow specifically for you, I can help you to narrow down and focus on what every human being should 100% avoid purchasing, preparing and consuming and what most people should begin filling their kitchens and their bodies with.
Here are a few of my simple tips to help you rid a few pounds, increase your energy and jump-start your new healthy habits and vitality regime:
- Include lean protein sources such as nuts and seeds, tempeh, fermented protein powder, chia seeds, raw nut and seed butters, dark leafy greens, beans, lentils, hemp seeds, organic chicken and wild fish.
- If you are having trouble with your digestion, choose lean vegetarian protein in an attempt to reduce your exposure to excess animal proteins and arachidonic acid.
- Onions and garlic have amazing anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties to them.
- Eat plenty of organic produce; fruits and veggies.
- Downsize your dishes! Start using a salad size plate instead of a dinner plate. Focus on building your plate with nutrient dense colour and nutrients instead of large portions of calories and waste.
- Add greens to your morning smoothie and trade in cow’s dairy for either unsweetened almond, rice, flax, coconut or hemp milk
- Take a daily probiotic, along with Vitamin d3, a whole foods multi like Juice Plus and Omega 3 fish oil.
- Begin each day with warm water and 1/2 fresh lemon juiced or one of my elixir recipes.
- Healthy fats daily such as raw nuts and seeds, avocados, olive oil, flax oil, hemp oil and coconut oil.
- Choose whole grains that are gluten free such as quinoa, organic rice and gluten free oats.
The THREE TOP THINGS you can do to FEEL BETTER and CLEANER right now:
- Drink lots and lots of filtered water – aim for 3-4 litres every single day.
- Get your sweat on! Exercise at least 5-6 times per week combining Yoga, Pilates, Cardio, Strength Training…whatever you love GET UP and JUST DO IT!
- Get your beautiful self to bed. Aim to be in bed no later then 11pm max. According to Chinese medicine the most beneficial time for sleep to restore our liver and gallbladder, which are two huge organs involved in cleansing and detoxing, are from 11pm – 3am.
Holiday Feasting Tip: LOAD your plate with veggies!! Beat the bloat this holiday by loading up 3/4 of your plate with a variety of veggies. Fill up on veggies first and you will feel so much lighter by the end of the meal.
Want to do a detox but you’re not sure where to start? Stay tuned, because I might just have a sweet sale happening on boxing day, and a brand new detox program coming out in the new year.