If you watched my appearance on Breakfast Television yesterday, you will remember that we were talking about The Mediterranean Diet and why it’s such a healthy, realistic and simplistic way of eating.
Ancestral diets and cultures have eaten food combinations that naturally help support health, digestion and utilize local, whole food ingredients – FOREVER! The Mediterranean diet, long touted for its remarkable health benefits has the research to match its incredible reputation. This diet contains a variety of whole foods, with major emphasis on brightly coloured fruits and vegetables, lean proteins such as fish, and healthy fats as daily staples, with meat, sugar and processed and refined foods eaten less often.
What is especially notable about this diet is the consistent pairing of antioxidant rich produce and healthy fats which, especially together, significantly nourishes the body and protects against causes of chronic disease including inflammation and oxidative stress! Nutritional science agrees: research continues to determine the benefits of Omega-3 fatty acid supplements and how they are enhanced by co-supplementation with dietary antioxidants.
This is where greens+ and o3mega fish oil come in. Together – they create the synergy to:
- Provide full spectrum antioxidant support
- Provide anti-inflammatory actions
- Aid healthy digestion
- Support mood and energy
- Nourish healthy, glowing skin
- o3mega superior Omega-3 fish oils meet and exceed 3rd party quality, freshness and purity standards, while offering the highest EPA and DHA potency on the market today,
Here are the delicious recipes I shared on air:
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
1 cup fresh almond or cashew milk
1/2 cup organic pumpkin puree
3 dates or tsp raw honey
1/2 tsp cinnamon & nutmeg
tsp O3mega oil Genuine Health
2-3 ice cubes
Blend for 60-90 seconds, serve in a tall chilled glass and enjoy!
Super Charged Pesto
1 cup basil
1 cup parsley
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tsp O3mega oil Genuine Health
1 tsp Genuine Health Greens+
1/4 cup raw walnuts or cashews
2 garlic cloves
Sea salt & pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in your blender or food processor. For a chunkier version pulse, for creamy blend thoroughly.
Chocolate Almond Energy Balls
1 cup almonds
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tablespoon Greens+ powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Blend the almonds until chopped finely but not to a flour as you need some texture. Set half aside.
2. Add the remaining ingredients to a food processor and blend until a sticky dough forms. If like me you’re using a blender you may need to scrape the bottom to redistribute the dough or pat the sides. Add the remaining almonds and blend once more.
3. Transfer the dough to a bowl and fill a smaller bowl with tepid water. Using your hands form 10 small bites, using the water to dip your fingers for a more pliable consistency.
4. Transfer the bites to the freezer for 30 minutes and store in the fridge for up to a week. You’ll eat them before then, take my word for it.
Note: Date sizes vary a lot so you may need a little more or less. To achieve a more pliable dough dip your fingers in water for a smoother bite.
I am running a little recipe contest for all of you! I would love for to come up with a great tasting recipe using the green/fish oil combination or even just foods using colorful fruits and vegetables and healthy fats and share them with me here.
The winner will have the chance to guest blog on my site, plus be pinned to my Pinterest board and featured on Genuine Health’s website and Facebook page
Plus you will win a copy of my new dvd releasing December 3rd and a prize pack from Genuine Health!
Please send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 22nd, 2013.