Today, I want to share with you a quick and simple recipe from my cookbook The Simplicity Kitchen. These rich and oh-so-satisfying Chocolate Fatties are the perfect hit of healthy fat, they are low in sugar and a rich snack that you can offer to guests or have when you’re craving something. These chocolate bites will help to kill the craving dead in its tracks! Because these babies are a rich source of healthy fat, with a touch of protein (from the nut butter) they will both satisfy your taste buds and nourish you all in one bite.
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of nut butter (I used almond butter)
- 1 tbsp of raw honey
- 2-3 tbsp of Raw Cocao powder
- Grab a set of chocolate moulds (you can get these from Bulk Barn or Michael’s).
- Place them on a baking sheet or two and set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil and nut butter in a pan, and begin to melt it down on a low heat.
- Add the honey and stir until melted.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of cocao powder into the mixture. Stir it into the liquid until everything is melted into a thick consistency.
- Turn the heat off and pour the liquid into a measuring cup with a pouring spout, to make it easy to pour the liquid into each mould.
- Pour the liquid mixture into each mould with a slow and steady hand. Once each mould is filled, place your baking sheets into your fridge or freezer for about an hour.
- Once they have set, store them in the fridge until you are ready to serve them.