Today for Mindset Monday, I’m going to talk about something a little different — how to grow strong, gorgeous hair from the inside out.
I have been getting a ton of questions about my hair – how do I style it, what products do I use, etc. To be honest, I thought it was a little silly to be answering these questions about my hair!
But then it dawned on me…maybe a lot of you don’t know that what you put into your body is what actually makes the biggest difference when it comes to growing strong, gorgeous and flowing locks.
What you feed and nourish your body with are more important than what you feed and nourish your hair with! Using clean and green hair care products are more like the icing on the cake.
So here are my top nutrients for growing healthy hair:
- Mostly plant-based diet (70% of diet is plant-based, including tons of leafy greens)
- Diet rich in healthy fat (nuts and seeds, nut and seed butters, cold water/wild fish, cold pressed oils, organic eggs)
- Stay hydrated – I’m talking 3-5 litres of filtered water daily!
- Sleep! Your body needs to that time to be able to restore on a cellular level
- Collagen – try to incorporate collagen into your daily routine. It’s fabulous for growing strong hair, nails, joints, bones and glowing skin (try it in an elixir, a smoothie or you can bake with it)
- My foundational 5 supplements (Probiotics, Omega 3 fish oils, Juice Plus, Magnesium, and Vitamin D3)