Finally, beautiful spring weather is upon us! That means the sun is shining, the birds are chirping and the weather is sweet. However, for some of us, Spring brings out something different – seasonal allergies! Pollen is everywhere, grass is growing thick, and people are irritated.
A few symptoms of seasonal allergies:
- Eyes are watering
- Nose is running
- Throat is dry and scratchy
- Nasal and lung congestion
Not fun. So, over the years by working with various clients, practitioners and my own family, I have found the best remedies to help during this time of the year.
What to remove from your routine:
First things first, remove the common irritants which promote inflammation – dairy and gluten
What to add in to your routine:
- A great probiotic, which will help to repopulate the healthy bacteria in your gut, which is promote health for your entire body – I write about my favourite probiotic brands in my book, The Simplicity Project. You can download the supplements chapter of my book FOR FREE by visiting my website www.jennpike.com
- Vitamin D3, which is fantastic for supporting your immune system during allergy season (or anytime of the year) I recommend 4000-5000 IU per day for adults, and half of that for children. Be sure to get an emulsified version (so make sure it’s in drop form, opposed to a tablet or capsule)
- Juice Plus, due to the antioxidants, bioflavonoids along side all of the vitamins and minerals it contains, it will help to build your body’s resiliency
- Homeopathic Remedies (start taking this one 4-6 weeks before the season begins) – Allergiplex by UNDA. If you know that your allergies flare up closer to the end of the season, it would be great for you to start taking this now!
- Bee Keeps Naturals Throat Spray – coats the throat, anti-viral and very soothing
- Raw and Local Honey, preferably with bee propolis, which again is anti viral and soothing to the system, which will help to build your resiliency to the pollen circulating in your area
- Collagen, I will say it over and over again – your gut is the core of your health! Collagen is extremely healing for the gut and over 70% of your immune system lives in your gut
- NAC – Helps Relieve Symptoms of Chronic Bronchitis
- Deep Immune for Allergies – used primarily as an antiviral to tonify a weak immune system
If I had to pick ONE thing to help with your seasonal allergies, I would say to start with St. Francis Deep Immune tincture. For dosing, please just follow the instructions on the bottle.
If you want to join me for one of my LIVE in person workshops, I invite you to join me TOMORROW May 18th @ 7pm at Eat It Forward in Uxbridge. Click here to get tickets
Wishing you a simplicity and sun-filled Wednesday,