*Photo Credit: Strong Fitness Magazine
Today for Simplicity Saturday, I thought I would share a few of my favourite, simple (BBQ friendly) recipes, so you can stay on track with your goals, while looking good and feeling fine!
There might even be a cocktail down there for you, so scroll down for some serious simplicious-ness…
Turkey Feta Burgers
- 1 pkg organic, ground turkey
- ½ cup goat feta
- 1-2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- Fresh herbs and spices to your liking
Prep and Cook:
- Combine all ingredients to form patties and grill. You do not need eggs or breadcrumbs to hold these together. Use your Phillips Indoor Smokeless Grill and cook until clear juice runs and you achieve your desired taste, texture and flavour.
- Serve on a gluten-free bun or on top of Boston Bibb Lettuce greens and garnishes of your choice.
- Create a beautiful side-salad to go with these beauties
- I make these burgers or swap the recipe into turkey meatballs and store them in the fridge for 3-4 days for a quick option to have over top of a salad.
Simplicious Life Salad
- 1 large bin of mixed organic greens
- 1⁄4 head red cabbage
- 1⁄2 cucumber diced
- 1 organic yellow pepper, julienned
- 2 organic carrots, peeled and stripped using a vegetable peeler
- 4 radishes thinly sliced, use a mandolin if possible
- 2 cups of fresh organic pea sprouts
- 2 avocados, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup raw cashews
- 1⁄4 cup raw seeds
• 1⁄4 cup almond butter
• 2 tbsp orange juice
• 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil • 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar • 1 clove of garlic
• 1 tbsp raw honey
Skinny Colada Cocktail with Muddled Mint and Lime
- 2oz. vodka or rum
- 2 oz Thirsty Buddha Coconut Water
- 2 oz pineapple juice
- Splash of mineral water
- 1/2 lime, juiced, plus a slice or wedge for garnishing
- 4-6 mint leaves
- Shredded coconut for rimming your glass
Prep and Cook:
- Run a lime around the rim of a margarita glass and then invert onto a plate of shredded coconut to evenly coat the rim.
- Place the mint in the bottom of the glass and use a muddler to twist and break apart your fresh mint. Squeeze fresh lime juice over top.
- Add ice to your glass and pour in your alcohol of choice, coconut water, pineapple juice and splash of mineral water.
- Garnish with a few extra mint sprigs and sliced lime on the side.
- For extra colour and flavour, use frozen berries instead of ice cubes.