Do you ever have that wired but tired feeling? You are so exhausted but your mind won’t stop? A new natural sleep aid I’ve discovered may help!
Our bodies literally crave a good nights sleep each day; it’s where we do our best bodywork, by cleaning up the day’s worth of internal debris, toxins, waste and inflammation. A lack of sleep can affect various parts of the body. On days following sleepless nights, many tend to feel hungrier, more emotional and physically cold. Not getting enough sleep can also affect memory, lower the immune system and increase risk of high blood pressure or heart disease. Our sleep is where true restoration and repair of our bodies; physically, mentally and emotionally take place.
Unfortunately though many people are walking around completely exhausted. According to recent research, 59 per cent of Canadians say they wish they could get more sleep, while 67 per cent say they desire better quality of sleep. In my practice alone I would say that about 2/3 of my clients are surviving their days due instead of thriving in them due to chronic sleep deficits and the monkey mind that never stops. With our never ending to do list and the stressful daily pace of life many maintain, our brain waves speed up and it makes it very difficult to slow the flow and enter the chill zone necessary for a great nights sleep.
A colleague of mine introduced me to Pharmaton Sleep Harmony, a sleep aid that includes specially patented lavender oil, which has been helping her clients get more rest so I decided to give it a try for myself as a way of seeing if I could use it in my practice with private clients. My husband and I tried it out and within a few nights were both having deeper, more restful sleeps. I decided to try it out with a few clients that I had been working with to wean off of sleeping pills and was so pleased with all of them reporting back that it was much easier to not only fall asleep but stay asleep and feel more rested upon waking.
Pharmaton® Sleep Harmony™ is available in the sleep aid section of your local pharmacy and many natural health stores. It comes in two sizes: a 14-count 2-week supply for $12.60, and a 28-count, 4-week supply for $19.50
There are also few lifestyle and habit changes to your bedtime routine that I would strongly advise of in conjunction with taking ANY sleep aid:
- Avoid using electronics such as smartphones and tablets in bed as the light from these devices stimulates brain activity, making it difficult to fall asleep.
- Charge electronics away from your head and keep somewhere like the washroom or kitchen
- Sleep in as little clothing as possible
- Sleep in complete darkness
- Sleep in a cooler temperature
- Refrain from eating 2-3 hours prior to bed
- Avoid caffeine after 4pm and alcohol too close to bed
- Maintain a daily whole food, real food, nourishing food approach to how you nourish your body. This is worth its weight in gold when it comes to creating more balanced digestion, hormones and ultimately a better nights rest.
For more tips on healthy sleep and living habits please visit www.jennpike.com to purchase a copy of my book The Simplicity Project and NEW cookbook The Simplicity Kitchen as well as subscribe to our weekly youtube show Simplicity TV for free tips, recipes and simplicity inspirations.
* To make sure this product is right for you, always read and follow the label.