This past week (these past few months really!) my team and I have been planning and prepping for our massive annual live event that took place yesterday.
I still have a family. I still run a business. I still have to cook, and grocery shop and consult and on and on and on.
So, what’s one to do during times of stress to support your body, so that you can thrive?
10 tips to help balance your body when your stress is elevated, energy is low and hormones are feeling off:
- Cut your dairy and gluten 100%
- Decrease your caffeine and alcohol intake substantially or completely
- Minimize sugar intake to no more than 40 total grams daily
- Reduce stress where you can; say no, take a nap, use essential oils, do some smudging, practice some stretching or yoga, drink herbal tea, read, journal, tell your family you are going grocery shopping and take an extra 30-60 minutes for yourself to go for a quiet walk first (without telling them LOL)
- Meditate at least 5-10 minutes daily – game changer!
- Get into bed by no later than 10:30pm
- No screen or phone time 1-2 hours before bed to help lower nighttime cortisol levels
- PLEASE eat real food and yes COCONUT OIL is real food. (Margarine, hotdogs, white bread and processed foods are not 🙂
- Learn the proper supplement routine for your body and take them religiously (my foundational supplement recommendations are Juice Plus, Vitamin D3 (drop form), Omega 3 fats, and Probioitcs.
- Learn, investigate and address the underlying causes of your stress, low energy and hormone imbalances